Saturday, September 27, 2008

Sketchbook



Doodles
Where I Am

These are fun. I like going somewhere and whipping out a pen and having at the area. Most of the time I'll do the watercolor at the same time, but sometimes I'll go back and add some more. Or just a bit if I don't get any down first. I think a bit of color helps. Don't have any of those though. These three were colored on site.






People and Shoes
Pen and watercolor

Yes, I love doodling people and shoes. Chances are, if I pull out my sketchbook, I'll either doodle people, or my feet. Or other people's feet, but that gets a bit weird. No one is posing, it's a lot like my sketches of children from camp post. These are done Uber fast, and messily, but I think I get the gesture. (I had some gesture drawings in the book as well, but they are pretty boring to look at, I might get a hundred of them and post them in one giant image, but later) I start always by short gesture drawings and then kinda easing into these. 


Studies!
Pen, watercolor

And then I have my little ideas, not done from life (Sooo easy to tell that) but I have an idea and I want to get it down. I have a fair few of these, they rarely turn out good, but these were ok (or maybe it's that I just like the idea!) and so... POST!

Randomness:
Oh, and yes, I'm still doing Bohemia Academia, but I've only got inked images, and I wanted to wait until I paint them, but I'm more interested in the drawing... And so I just don't post anything. Bleh. And I don't post on here, and for that I am a bad artist. Er... blogger. I'm a bad artist for a whole other reason ^_^. 

My job is ok. I'm a receptionist. Only thing I can say about it is, "I have money, I guess" but I'm not sure it's a good trade off. (Don't listen to me kids, grow up, get a job, make your parents proud... *sigh*) And my job ruined my sleep schedule. I can't sleep past nine on the weekends. The only reason I slept until 11 today was I took a pain pill last night for my back and... ugh... I hate, hate, HATE medication. It did loosen up my back, but then I felt completely ill the entire night. I feel better now though. 

I'll be having an art day soon, so I'll have more finished work to post and all. And I might get a friday off, and I'll write up about the faux fauve like I promised, or black line painting, or the onion palette, or blocking in with burnt sienna instead of black, or my ideas about multi demensional universes. Or... something. Or more art! I dunno. 

No comments: