Friday, November 18, 2011

Artist: Peter Jones

I remember a long while ago someone commented on my blog and asked for more information about my teacher, Peter Jones. I remember there not being a strong web presence at the time, and I managed to find a handful of examples of his work. Just the other day I was on facebook and I found a link to an interview he had done for the NCLAC.

http://nclac.wordpress.com/tag/peter-jones/

It can be found at this link, and it is also transcribed if you scroll down beyond the audio player.

I can't say enough about him and everything he taught me. It is because of Peter Jones and Glenn Kennedy that I am an artist right now. They taught me pretty much everything about color theory and drawing and painting from life. Before, I was nothing but a scanner and printer. I mean, I could take a photo and reproduce it okay, but I was never an artist. They taught me it was okay to be an artist and to be intelligent, because they are!

When Glenn Kennedy died, I don't think I could have made it through those last years of school without Peter Jones. Peter was patient, kind and understanding throughout everything. He continued to teach me art and seeing, and he supported me in everything I did. He is still teaching me!

One day I want to be able to write everything down I can about my teacher and make it sound good. Right now I feel like I'm saying too much and not enough at the same time. I wanted to link to the interview and post about how blogs might take awhile as I have several Christmas commissions due, but I can't post about my teacher without saying something about his absolute awesomeness. But what I write comes out like I'm over stating, not giving enough examples, and not saying everything I actually feel (All in all, bad writing!). So until I can say everything I want to say in a good blog post: THANK YOU PROFESSOR PETER JONES!

No comments: