Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Fiverr: Poás Volcano


I'm definitely going to have to take a picture of this on in natural light. I really like how it turned out. Lots of yellow and gray and it's pretty abstract, but it has form. And I like this place. I would really like to visit the Poás Volcano. Looks beautiful around there. This would be another place I'd like to paint from life.

Tomorrow I'm going on a plane to Austin and this will be my first plane trip by myself. I'm nervous, but I think it will be a good dry run for going on other flights to other places. Like maybe to a foreign country. At least I will know some things to expect.

And I have exciting news!! This summer I am heading over to my first real honest to God foreign country. Yay! I'm really excited because I get to go to Italy! I've never been on a really big trip before. I've never been out of the country and I just got my passport. I am a bit nervous about it being Italy though. My cousin thinks I'm nuts because I have almost no qualms about going to Pakistan. She's probably right. That could also be because I'm much more comfortable with Urdu. And right now I'm having problems remembering any vocabulary in Italian because I keep trying to speak in Spanish. But I will definitely get better. There are so many great artists to see in Italy! I have a feeling I'll start crying at some point during the trip. I'll be crying because I'll be completely moved by the art.

I've said I might lose my return ticket and find myself on a long hike painting beautiful landscapes. For awhile. Ah! Molto bello. Or bella? I don't know! My Italian is bad. I'll get better.

Where do you want to go? What language do you want to learn? Do you try to learn languages before you go on your trips? What exciting places have you been to?!

No comments: