Saturday, November 12, 2011

Painting: Calla Lilies

This last week I've been in Austin, TX visiting my friend Varsha. I haven't been near where I can do a lot, being without a computer, but I did a few paintings. I'm also going to restart my fiverr gigs, so watch for that soon!

While I was there I helped design and decorate her apartment. I took photos of each room. After that I did sketches which I will post later, just giving us ideas. Then we went to Ikea and a couple of other places. And then after we built the couch I did art work for the walls!

I did two pieces, both in acrylic. The calla lilies were done on nice watercolor paper, and the large abstract painting I did on a two foot by four foot canvas. I framed the lilies, but I don't have a photo of that.

I will be uploading the photos I have of myself working on the other painting as well. And the sketches and if Varsha says it's ok, photos of how her rooms turned out.

2 comments:

Rizki Nurhidayati said...

beautiful! the redness is so eye catching :D

i like drawing but always end up with messing it, especially with water colors (- ___ -)''
and it seems pencil more considerate to me ;)

anyway u did wonderful!

Allison Dollar said...

Hey! Thank you so much for you comment. I'm really glad you liked my little calla lilies. I visited your blog, and I must say I really enjoyed it. Lots of nice images and things to read.

Watercolors can be difficult, and I know the feeling of messing up a good drawing with painting. I know it very very well! My trick was to start drawing most everything I could in pen. It forced me to be quick and exact, and made my drawings faster :D This way I don't feel too bad for messing up a drawing, as I know I can fix another one up fairly quickly. Anyway, I look forward to seeing more posts from you,

Ramadan Kareem,
Allison