Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Painting - Artichoke II

Artichoke
5x7
Oil on Mat Board

Well, I thought my last artichoke painting turned out pretty good, so I thought I would try it again, this time under slightly different lighting conditions. Namely, natural light. I think I got a lot more color and contrast with that change.

I have to confess I really wanted to paint an aanar. Or a pomegranate. But those are out of season. I might try the artichoke again tomorrow, but I also got some beautiful lemons. No, really, I went through each lemon trying to find ones I thought were pretty enough to paint.

This painting hasn't been sold yet, and I'll be putting it up on my website soon, once it gets done. I think it's a good painting to start off my painting a day site on. I'll post a link here after we get it done, so watch for that!

No comments: