Monday, April 09, 2012

Painting - Dog

Dog
Oil on Mat Board
2.5 x 3.5

I thought this was one of the cutest little dogs I've gotten to paint yet. It fit perfectly with my tiny painting theme I've been working with. I was a bit worried that the colors were going to be too, well, blah, but I think I hit a good medium with those.

I've been working more with my vermilion paint, and I have to say I love it. I kept using cad red light here, and the color kept being way too intense for this painting. So I used the vermilion and it toned down beautifully! Not too orange, and not too brown. It hit that sweet spot I like to paint at just perfectly.

I'm about to start work on the faces of a new portrait commission, and I'm very excited about getting to use vermilion in actual skin tone. I've been working it in a few paintings, but I haven't had many portraits to do. I'm actually really excited about the whole commission. It was really fun to design and it's turning into something really fun to paint. I hope I'm still in the painting mood tomorrow. I plan to do some more daily painting along with this commission!

As long as I get the commission done!

No comments: