Sunday, June 10, 2007

Craft: Camp Project



Well, this started out as a block of flower/packing foam, that I carved while in experimental drawing. Then, after spraying a primer, I gave it a coat of spray paint that's supposed to look like a rock. I think it turned out pretty well. It's a simple enough project that I'm letting my kids at camp have at. I think I'm going to have the younger ones do a simple 10 commandment project, while my older kids can kinda branch out and do more figurative work if they so desire.

It looks really heavy, but it's as light as a feather, and you can't even tell that the head snapped off before I was able to spray it so it makes it easy for the kids so they don't have to worry about it breaking. Just have to have some toothpicks and viola.

Next time I think I'll try a bust. Not sure who of though. I think that will be better to take to camp anyway, I don't think the kids could handle anything 'nude'... At least, that's been my experience. I could be wrong, of course, but I don't want to chance it.

No comments: