Thursday, July 28, 2011

Commission: Finally Finished!

Kim and Son
Pencil on Paper
8x12

I didn't think this thing would ever get done. And last night while I was trying to take a photo of it I wanted to cry because it was too dark. Now, I almost want to cry because it looks like several areas are washed out. Oh well! I was so excited to have this done that I don't think I slept much last night. It could have also been the coffee I had before bed, or all the fun at the doctors office yesterday, or any other fun reason.

If anyone is interested in following the commission, the first post is here, the second here, the third here, and the fourth I posted just last night, here! It's interesting how my different cameras and the different times of day give it such a different look!

I'm up today and ready to take on the world! I am spraying this with a clear coat and then I will be shipping it off. Right now I'm going to get my other painting commission laid out and started. I so hope I can get the drawing done. It is nice to have gotten some drawing practice in with this thing, but it's going to be so nice to get back painting again too. It's a large painting, but I think I can get it done fairly soon. I've been known for doing very large paintings last minute, and very quickly. And very well, of course! XD

I'll talk about more process with the painting as well. I didn't do much of anything new with the portrait drawing, but if I do another one that is more my style, I'll talk about my drawing process then! There wasn't much Giacometti Technique going on in this one!

All right, I'm off to work! Hopefully I'll have something to show for it later today...

Hopefully...

No comments: