Monday, July 11, 2011

Fiber Arts Craft Day

Handmade woven headband with handspun yarn

The other day I learned a fun new skill: weaving! That head band is my first real woven project on a real loom. Well, I have done bead weaving on an old children's plastic loom, but I don't think that counts! I'm afraid I don't have any good up close pictures of it. The first thing I did was put the pink yarn on the loom, then I went back and forth with the white. After I was done I cut it off the loom and then used yarn to knot all the way down the end (like you do when you make hemp bracelets at summer camp, don't know what that's called besides macrame and that's way too general!)

I've got more cool stuff to say about this piece, but I've got to run to my last two weeks of work! All I'll say is: guess who made the yarn?? :D

No comments: