Sunday, July 15, 2007

Painting a Day - 10

Chakra Stones
5"x7"
Oil on Shellacked Mat Board

I wasn't sure what to paint, and I'm out of the groove thanks to camp, but I found this sack of stones (I'm sorry Shakespeare readers and scholars) that were a gift and I decided to paint them. They are shiny! I might do them again, but really focus on the stones.

I used a modified Zorn palette, I added permanent blue for one of the stones. I think I'm going to try and do it without blue because I did the green stone without a special green. I do need to work on the purple amethyst and the tigers eye. It doesn't look like it should at all. Oh well.

I'm actually pretty happy with it considering how long I've been away. And I'm extremely happy with the colors I've managed to get. All except with the large blue stone was done without blue. I'm happy!

Since I've been talking about the Zorn Palette, I'll do an article on it and how I use it. I don't know much about the history, or who used it, or any kind of fun info like that. But, I do use it, and I can at least explain what little I do know.

Ja!

No comments: