Thursday, July 19, 2007

Painting a Day - 13

Still Life with Fork
5"x7"
Oil on Shellacked Mat Board
Sold

I didn't post a painting yesterday because I went ahead and published the article, and then before I finished setting up the still life my heart started to go about 130bpm and I had to go to bed before I passed out.

Now I'm better so all is well.

The idea for this one is just I have yet to do a fork. I've done a spoon and a knife, but no fork. And as there was always something red, I added the cup because the other tomato got eaten and the strawberries were rotten. There were some cool colors in the rotten strawberries, They might be even cooler tomorrow!

I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. I'm going to go back and fix some problems with the background, and I added much warmer highlights than were there. It was way too cold. I might do a rotten strawberry in north light. This whole west light thing isn't working out.

I hope you enjoy it!

No comments: