Saturday, July 14, 2007

Sketches: Camp Kids




Ok, these are small sketches and you have to realize that the kids did not know they were being sketched and all three happened in under 2 minutes. They were moving and talking and actually doing stuff. The first is a picture of all the girls in our cabin during devotion time. The second is a girl who was working on a drawing/poster thingy... I missed what it was about. The third actually did realize he was being drawn, but was one of the most fidgety people... with friends that kept 'helping.'

I did other sketches, but most of them were to amuse the children, or teach them something. Do you know how hard it is to teach the concept of Giacometti sketches to a ten year old? Really helps you think about what you're teaching though. And with all the questions they ask as well...

Oh well, thought I'd show what I have been doing, since I haven't had time to paint.

Ja!

No comments: