Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Artumn Madness: Inspiration of the Day 01

So, I was asked the question, "If I do this, how will I get enough ideas to draw every day?"

This was a good question because it made me think outside of my head for a bit. For me, ideas just pour in. I look at stuff from the past, I doodle, I keep a camera with me at all times, I keep a sketch book, etc.

Ideas beget ideas.

But how to start when one is not used to coming up with ideas?

I have decided to share some of my set ups with everyone. Ideally, you would want to set up this in your own studio or work space and draw or paint from life. But I know this isn't always possible. You are welcome to paint directly from my photos on these posts. They aren't the best photos, being done with an iPhone, but they are there just to get so ideas flowing. Here is an anaar.


Simple, but the reds are difficult to get just right.

And here is one that's a bit more dynamic:
Yeah... I've been painting veggies and fruit. But thy are so fun! And I always start to think about what else I can do with them. Onions can be peeled and have gorgeous skin when light shines through it. And Pomegranate seeds are like little jewels! There are just a ton of ways these things can be painted! I could spend the entirety of autumn on just fruit!

But...I also have some handmade pottery I've been wanting to use in a painting. And the trees are starting to turn. And cotton is almost ready to be picked. It is the season of mist and mellow fruitfulness.

Inspired? Have something you can't wait to draw or paint? Something or someone you secretly want to paint? Let us know (what you can!) :)

No comments: