Thursday, September 08, 2011

Bookbinding

Before I started doing art full time I started projects that I just didn't have the energy to finish after nine hours at work in 100+ temps and an hour and a half driving to and from work without air conditioning. It doesn't do a lot for creativity.

So now that I am painting and drawing full time I decided to finish projects I have hanging.

The first one is bookbinding. I have four books that only need to be sewn together. I was going to bind them hard back but, I decided it would be better for me to do them Coptic stitched.

The first one I ran out of pink cord and had to finish with green. It looks odd. But I made a rule that I'm not going to buy anything else until I finish my projects. And that book is for me! It is useful, not pretty.

After bookbinding I'm going to do my sewing projects. I need a rug in my studio and I want a few more longer shirts, or kameeze. I also want to do a quilt and just use up the large amount of fabrics I have still in my car.

Oh, I still have to sell my car...

No comments: