Thursday, August 18, 2011

CommissionII: Actually Painting

I'm finally at a point on this piece where it feels like I am actually painting, and not just putting paint on canvas. I'm actually working wet into wet and looking and really drawing. Right now I see a couple of huge mistakes, his shoulder comes out too much for one, which makes his head look incredibly small, and there are size problems with the side of his face. And just his face! I spent all night fighting with that smirk, and making it look balanced and friendly and not wonky and evil. And I technically wasn't even painting so chances are I'll lose that detail when I put some real paint on the face and will have to fight for it all over again!

No one better paint like me. Do as I say, not as I do!

I'm going to end up getting the jacket done tomorrow and start on hers. Maybe finish that as well if I get up early. I haven't been sleeping well and then once I get to sleep after tossing and turning I get up late, but only get 4-5 hours of sleep. Ugh. And plus I haven't been able to get this to work right and I've been hiding from this behind other work. But now the kitchen is done and all my stuff is moved in, so I really don't have anything to keep me away from it!

I'm just worried about it. Hope to have it done soon, Im normally much more confident! I don't know what's wrong with me!

No comments: